Monday, May 2, 2011

Day 1

I want to vomit...I want to die...I want to vomit...I want to die.

These were the thoughts scrolling through my mind during the last few minutes of my first p90x workout.

It was a discouraging beginning to what I hope will be an invigorating fitness experience.

My workout partner did significantly better than me today.  I'd like to think that, in part, this is because of his past experiences with the Kosama program.  It could also be that I suck this much.

I felt like my body was in shock throughout most of the day.  After the 6:30 workout, I came home and fell back asleep.  I woke up with a pounding headache, ate some breakfast (eggs, turkey sausage, yogurt, water) and went to work.  I was completely off my game the entire day.  On my way to an afternoon appointment I had to stop the car, crank up the a/c, and close my eyes for an hour -- the headache and nausea was too overwhelming.

A Cliff bar, an apple, a few sips of low-cal Gatorade, and 1,500 mg of migraine medication helped me start to feel a little more human...but I was worthless for the rest of the night.

Hopefully I don't feel this awful tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment