Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 16

Plyometrics.

I really noticed an improvement in my "performance" today.  I was able to stay with each of the elements for the entire time.  My legs aren't bent as much as they should be in the squats, and I'm not jumping super high...but I felt strong throughout.  Tony (the buff dude on the video) recommends a heart-rate monitor to make sure you're in the target zone.  I don't have one, so I took my pulse a few times and was around 160-170.  According to this handy calorie calculator, I burned over 1,200 calories during the workout.

Today I was reminded of the importance of warm-up and cool-down.  I was short on time and was tempted to just jump right into the workout.  However, I'm glad I didn't skip out on these aspects of the workout.  I'm told there's a difference between "soreness" and "pain", and I think the difference is warming up and cooling down.

I was, once again, joined by my children at various points in the workout.  Evan (4) especially enjoyed the squat jacks.  This was also my first workout wearing eyeglasses.  It was a little cumbersome having something on my face and annoying when sweat would drip down the lenses.  I guess it's the price I pay for ocular care.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment