Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 8

Chest & Back.

This is the first day of week 2, which means a chance to compare "performance" from a week ago.  Generally, I improved in what I was able to accomplish.  I doubled the strength of the resistance bands used for the pull-up portions.  I increased reps on the push-up variations and even did a few that weren't from my knees.  Unfortunately, I because dizzy and nauseous at the very end, so I was unable to complete the final three elements.  This made me more angry than anything; whereas last week I discouraged and disappointed.  I had hoped to start doing the Ab Ripper X exercises this week, but I didn't want to puke.

I was supposed to golf with a friend last Monday evening.  I had to cancel due to dehydration and migraine headaches.  Fortunately, I was able to play today instead.  My range of motion was stiff, but I beat the crap out of the ball, which was fun.  I even had enough energy to come home and plant some flowers, pick up the yard, and clean the garage.  Though I'm far from where I need to be, it's nice to have days like today where I feel a small sense of progress.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment