Saturday, May 28, 2011

Days 25 - 27

Day 25
I didn't do Yoga today.  Why?  I hate it.  I didn't have enough time to do all 90 minutes, so I did 0 minutes. Not helpful.  I'd love to say I did some sort of alternative exercise, but I'd be lying.  Instead, I stayed up until 2:00 a.m. working on a project that was past deadline.  In order to stay awake, I made matters worse by indulging in a frozen pizza and Diet Mountain Dew.  Seriously.  I'm a slob.  The silver lining is that a month ago, today would have been just like any other day.  No exercise...not enough sleep...crappy food.  In fact, I probably would have congratulated myself for drinking diet soda and not having any coffee.  The good news is: I feel awful - physically and emotionally - at the end of the day.

Day 26
I got back at it with Legs & Back.  Sadly, this is the first time I've done this particular workout.  It seems the last three Fridays (Days 5, 12, & 19) were really busy.  All those squats and lunges made me dizzy.  Ab Ripper X was much more challenging after a legs workout because there are a lot of "core" exercises that tax my thighs and hip flexors.  It felt good to exercise, and it also motivated me to eat better during the day.  I'm still not eating as many fruits and veggies as I should, but I'm feeling good about my water intake.

Day 27
I kept my "no Kenpo" streak alive this week.  Dang.  My workout partner is gone, as is my accountability.  However, I drank an ocean of water today and did a 14+ mile bike ride in the evening.  My legs were sore all day from the previous workout.  I really pushed the last 8 miles which caused my thighs to burn. Eating was so-so.  Way too much sodium.  Not enough fruit.  I think next week I really need to focus on more balanced eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment