Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 3

Shoulders & Arms.

I slept in this morning after staying up later than I had hoped.  (It turns out the the 200mg of caffeine found in 3 Excedrin migraine tablets will keep a person up for a while.)  My training partner wasn't able to join me, so I did the workout in my basement.  My chest is still tight and my legs are incredibly sore.  I'm really appreciating the 10 minutes of warm-up and stretching that we do before the workouts - something I never used to take the time to do.  Totally worth it.

Today I chose to "check the ego" and go with lighter weights.  Most of the exercises I did with 15# dumbbells.  I've never had big arms or shoulders, compared to my legs and chest, so I didn't want to overdo it for a third straight day.  I felt a modicum of achievement today -- I made it through the entire workout (including the three bonus elements) and didn't feel the need to puke.  I drank a liter of water during the workout and focused a lot on breathing...which seemed to help immensely.

However, this is not to be confused with "feeling great" during the workout.  My arms are completely shot and I still dealt with a dull, nagging headache throughout the day.  I took another mid-afternoon nap, just to pace myself for a long work day.  My legs ache.  I'm more irritable than usual (which is saying something).

Still, I'm just glad I don't feel as awful as I did 48 hours ago.  3 days down, 87 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment