Monday, May 23, 2011

Days 19 - 21

I had my 3rd consecutive bad weekend of eating and exercising.

Day 19
I spent most of the day at a conference, which meant I was sedentary the entire time.  I had hoped to go for a run in the evening, but the weather didn't cooperate.  My food intake was alright, until the evening when I attended a banquet that featured cheesecake.  At least I had no dressing on the salad or butter on the bread!  I didn't sleep much that night, which is never good when striving for balance and wellness.

Day 20
Another day of sitting and traveling.  I ate at *gasp* McDonald's for breakfast and Texas Roadhouse for lunch.  The food I chose was reasonable, but by no means uber-healthy.  I ate graduation party food in the evening which was delicious, but included even more red meat.  Instead of exercising, I poured myself a stiff drink and stayed up until 3:00 a.m.

Day 21
Having received the gift of sleeping in, I responded by eating three donuts around noon and a few chocolate chip cookies in the afternoon.  At least I got some exercise in the form of a 12-mile bike ride with my children in 25 mph wind.  In the evening I played basketball and kick-ball, which was fun.  Sadly, I chose to eat a frozen pizza for a late-night supper.

The goal for the week ahead is to have six consecutive good days, which would be 1-2 more days than each of the three previous weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment