Thursday, June 2, 2011

Days 30 & 31

Day 30
Despite healthy eating and lots of water, I had an awful workout.  Core Synergistics involved a lot of spinning, twisting, and rolling around on the ground.  This was not only an exhausting cardio/core workout, but many of the movements made me really dizzy.  I had to opt out of a few elements toward the end.  My workout partner did an awesome job, which motivated me for a while, but was ultimately discouraging when I crapped out and he kept at it.

I'm mindful that today is the one month mark of my new "wellness and balance" regimen.  Perhaps it's fitting that today's workout reduced me to a pile of goo...kinda like Day 1 all over again.  It was a good reminder that I still have a long way to go in my quest to achieve a healthy weight.

I had a good conversation at night with a friend who completed p90x a few weeks earlier and has been in search of the next challenge.  She has decided to do a modified version of p90x Lean, which is lots of cardio and muscle toning.  I hope I'm as motivated to continue some sort of fitness routine after these 90 days are done.


Day 31
Boy, was I sore this morning.  Core Synergistics made my entire body ache...kind of in a good way, but mostly in a holy-crap-i-don't-want-to-move-at-all way.  I (unintentionally) didn't eat anything until 2:30 this afternoon.  I was surprised that I made it 18 hours without food...and without a headache!  The Kenpo X workout went well.  Raised by pacifists, it was tough for me to really get into all of the punching and kicking, but I felt like I was about to bring it for the entire 60 minutes.

A friend of mine had some kind observations for me today, indicating that I look "way skinnier" than a few weeks ago.  We also had a candid conversation about the awkwardness of those kinds of compliments.  I have a difficult time accepting affirmation, so my natural tendency is to dismiss those comments.  However, I know how hard I'm working, and some small part of me (the vain, selfish, egotistic part) wants people to notice a change in my body.

Anyway, for the first day of the second month, I'm feeling good.  It's National Runners Day, but I'm sticking to the program and waiting to do my first run until late-July or early-August, when I'm done with p90x.

No comments:

Post a Comment