Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 37

Plyometrics.

Here's a list of behaviors that will make a plyometrics workout suck:

  1. Do a chest & arms & abs workout 10 hours before plyos
  2. Skip supper the night before and only eat a ham sandwich the previous 24 hours
  3. Get 6 hours of sleep
Oddly enough, not giving fuel to my body impacted my performance on this calorie-burning workout.  I sat out four exercises of the penultimate set, but otherwise stayed with it.  My workout partner did a great job of "bringing it"...and he even made me a recovery shake afterwards.

I ate pretty well today.  Probably too much salt, but I had a lot of water and protein.

My dad (who saw me for the first time since I started the p90x program) thought I had lost 20+ pounds.  I'm not sure that's accurate, but it was nice that he noticed a change.  I'm continuing to resist the temptation to quantify a change in my body.  I've stayed off the scale, haven't taken my measurements, and haven't looked at pictures of myself from a few months ago.  The goal continues to be wellness and balance in all aspects of my life.  Thus far, I'm pleased with the role this new diet and exercise regimen is playing in pursuit of that goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment