Monday, June 20, 2011

Days 45 - 49

Day 45 -- Back & Biceps
Good, hard workout.  Really focused in on the ab ripper as well.  I tried to simulate pull-ups on a beam in my basement and my feet on a chair.  Not a great replication, but I certainly felt it more than using the bands.  I think it's time to get a pull-up bar.

Day 46 -- Yoga
I didn't want to do this at all, but I woke up early to get it in.  I half-assed the first 45 minutes, but worked harder at the last 45 than I usually do.  I still hate yoga.  I'm not very good at it, I can't "get in the zone" while listening to Tony Horton, and I don't feel any real difference in my body after I do it.

Day 47 -- Legs & Back
Skipped this, in part because of a headache in the morning, and in part because I had a really busy day.  No excuse.  I'm a slacker.

Day 48 -- Kenpo X
Didn't do this one either.  I spent two hours climbing trees and sawing dead branches with a hand saw.  Burned lots of calories and exhausted my arms and shoulders.  It wasn't a real p90x workout, but it was a solid effort nonetheless.

Day 49 -- Rest
I went on a 5 mile run/jog/walk with my dog tonight.  It was humid and he got tired in spots.  I felt pretty good, for having not run in over a month.  Being able to run regularly continues to be my goal.  Doing p90x is helping me lose weight and improve general fitness so I can run with less strain on my joints.  I enjoy running (most of the time) and would like to get back into it during the fall months.

* * *

In general, my eating is awful.  The moments of healthy food choices are few and far between.  I'm getting really close to my old habits, which were awful.  I'm going to try to ease my way back into healthy eating habits in the upcoming week.  We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment