Friday, June 3, 2011

Day 32 & 33

Day 32 - Stretch X
After staying up late (and enjoying a few adult sodas) the night before, it felt good to sleep in and do the stretching exercise in the afternoon.  I'm very pleased with how flexible I am these days.  I've experienced soreness the days after a new workout routine, but I don't have any lingering aches/pains/injuries.  Part of that is my commitment to staying hydrated throughout the day...but also I think the yoga and stretching days have been a big help.

I managed to eat well, for the most part.  A small serving of mac-and-cheese and a diet Mountain Dew were my only real pitfalls.  My body really appreciated having a mid-week day of rest.


Day 33 - Yoga X
For scheduling purposes, we are swapping the Day 33 (Core Synergistics) & Day 34 (Yoga) workouts.  My workout partner wasn't able to join me today, due to some lingering lower back issues.  I carved out some time in the middle of the day to do the 90-minute yoga session.  I was interrupted 5 times in the first 40 minutes, so I decided to just be done.  The disappointing thing is I was actually enjoying yoga for once.  I guess I'll have to wait until next Thursday to get my chi on.

In the evening I went on a 14.3 mile bike ride.  The first 6.3 were slow, methodical, and downhill (with my three small children) to the beach.  My wife took them home and I took the long way home.  I did the last 8 miles in just over 30 minutes...which was pretty good on my grandpa's old Huffy six-speed bike.

I'm gearing up for Core Synergistics tomorrow.  My last attempt was embarrassing, and I'm hoping for redemption.

No comments:

Post a Comment